Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Saturday, June 19, 2010

A trip to the thrift store.....



A few pretty little dishes. I found a Meakin platter for just .99 cents and in great shape, not even a chip! Four little dessert plates called Rythum by Homer Laughlin and a small silver plated tray that I have just the perfect idea for....I'll post that later.



I love this planter box! This must have been made in shop class many years ago by a young man. He made the wooden box and painted is a very dark green. He then hammered the copper sheet and covered the box with the copper. There are pretty daffodils on both long sides of the box and a cross hatch design on the ends. The copper sheet is secured with tiny copper nails and it's in great condition for its age. This has to be one of my favorite TS finds yet!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!