Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flea Market White Wednesday

The last flea market of the season but it was the best one this year!
First I found the little white vase...I wasn't looking for white things...it just happened...again.
Next I found the pretty little white Lily of the Valley drinking glass, white old mop buttons, off white crochet lace and white baby shoes that were only $2!

I almost let this quilt top go! I walked away from it but came back about an hour later and it was still there so I bought it! It's a little tattered because someone must have put it in a washing machine but I think it's so pretty and I'll just drape it over a chair. I'm a quilter from way back and there is no way I would make this for the price it cost at the flea market.

This was the bargain of the day! I spotted the pocket watches in a case but thought, oh they will be at least $15 each so I walked away. I have seen on blogs where they are hung all together in a little clump and I've wanted to do that too! About an hour later I happened to walk by again and asked the man how much...he said half price...or less!
Well I dove into that case and came out with 6 watches. Now he says $5 each....they were marked $12 to $16, one was $24 and the 7th was $40 and a Swiss watch. I had all 6 watches except the $40 watch and he said go ahead and take that one too for $5! What a guy! I have my collection and it only cost me $5 per watch! The husband thinks he should have the dark faced Scotty watch because it's still working....sorry...I need all 7!


The rest of my finds are not white but I just have to show everything...it was such a fun day! I collect these small chipped edge shaving mirrors and I found one....


I spotted this beaded trim and know nothing about it. It's on very fine netting and I imagine it was leftover trim from a dress at one time. Does anyone know anything about this? It's a poor photo but maybe you can click on it and get a better look...

And last but not least....a cool old wooden file box. I came home feeling so good about everything I bought. I found such good deals and am so pleased with everything. It was a very good day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking with Faded Charm White Wednesday...Thanks Kathleen!






11 comments:

  1. You got some great deals-can't believe the watches were only $5 each!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crazy for flea markets! Great score on the watches! Stopping in from WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pocket watches. What a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your finds, but you really SCORED with those pocket watches!!!! Lucky you! Don't you love it when that happens??? Smiles, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those pocket watches are to die for!! You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun, fun! What great finds- love the lily of the valley swanky swig- I used to collect those- but sold all but one of them, It has bleck stars on it.
    Love the file box.
    The watches were a great find! Can't wait to see you use them!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt top is wonderful and the watches were a bargain. You did good! hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Treasure Find ~ Nothing better than an old Flea Market....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Visiting from White Wednesday. I also love everything vintage and just started selling some of our treasures. Love your watches! Great finds! Come and visit. We just got back from New England.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm enjoying your blog and glad i found it at Kathleen's Faded Charm

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds!! I love the white vase and vintage buttons and that beautiful quilt! I've been wanting to collect pocket watches but I never see them for less than $20 each, so I still don't have any. How wonderful that you got them for $5 a piece!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!