Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine Hearts

A few hearts I made with found vintage laces, mother of pearl buttons and old faux pearls.
I used my own hand dyed wool, added the embellishments and blanket stitched around the edges after adding a little stuffing.

Hanging from the mantle...

Very quick and easy to make...

They were published in the recent Create & Decorate magazine, which I am kind of proud of....
Thanks for stopping!
Linking to My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

6 comments:

  1. That heart garland is soooo cute! I love how you used lace and other pieces to pretty them up even more.
    Have a great weekend!
    Debbie@lakehouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contrast of colors on these hearts makes them so stunning and your stitches are so even. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hearts are just beautiful!

    Congratulations on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to ask...do you have an Etsy shop to sell these lovelies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hearts are darling! I really like the vintage touches with the lace and buttons. Just right!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are sweet and adorable! You should be proud of your accomplishment!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!